While we are happy to ship almost any item, we are bound by the limitations set by the shipping companies. Certain items cannot be shipped, imported and/or exported due to regulatory, hazard, safety or other reasons. Transactions involving these items are strictly prohibited, regardless of origin or destination.
Many products may be restricted or prohibited as Hazardous Materials for Transportation (Dangerous Goods). These items may not be transported via airplane due to safety restrictions.
The following items are classified as Dangerous Goods and cannot be shipped using our services:
- Weapons and weapons accessories: Guns, firearms, firearm replicas, firearm parts, and ammunition
- Explosive and incendiary materials
- Flammable Items
- Perfumes and colognes (containing alcohol)
- Precious metals such as gold and silver in any form including jewelry
- Alcoholic beverages
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Any organic material
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) restricts the shipment of certain types of lithium batteries, which are classified as “dangerous goods”.
The IATA regulations apply to:
ALL loose batteries: batteries packed and shipped as individuals, or batteries not packed inside equipment are not able to be shipped.
Batteries contained or installed in equipment
Example: laptops, tablets, cell phones, smartwatches, e-readers etc. These can be shipped but no more than 2 batteries in one package.
To learn more about shipping batteries regulations read our guide here.
US Export Regulations:
The following items are prohibited for shipping due to US export regulations, transportation regulations (carrier restrictions) or importing country (local laws and regulations):
- E-Cigarettes & vapor refills
- Sex toys and accessories (Varies by country. Email CS to see if your country is approved)
- Precious metals, stones, gems or jewelry
- Fine jewelry
- Architectural models
- Bulk goods (grain etc.)
- Cosmetics – Cosmetics are able to be shipped as long as there are no liquids.
- Currency (cash, bank notes, coins, credit cards and travelers’ checks)
- Plants, seeds or animals (live or dead)
- Material that could be submitted as pornographic or offensive
- Negotiable bonds or other like ‘valuable papers’
- Objects of art (paintings/sculptures etc) and fine arts
- Political material
- Other negotiable values
Let Us Help You!
Our Logistic team is trained as Dangerous Goods Specialists – they can classify, pack and label items that are classified as Dangerous Goods. If you’re uncertain about the status of an item you want to ship, you’re welcome to check with our customer service via email here.
To find out which items cannot be shipped to your country, we recommend that you inquire directly with your local office for particular items. Regulations change frequently, and sometimes, discretion is left to the on-duty customs officer at the time your package arrives at the office.
What happens to prohibited or restricted items?
If you receive an item that is prohibited for shipping, we will notify you and ask you whether you want to:
- Discard it
- Return the item back to the store
- Return it to a shipping address within the USA
We can help you and issue a shipping label for the return address. This will cost $15 handling fees + the cost of domestic delivery within the US.
To learn more about returning a package read our guide here.
cross-border delivery made easy: Shop from the US and use USaddress for international shipping to your country, fast, cheap, and easy.
Finally, we’d like to remind you: thanks to USaddress’ cross-border delivery service, shopping online from the US is simple – even if your favorite store doesn’t ship to your country. Just use your personal USaddress and your orders will be delivered to our US logistics center. We will then ship it directly to your doorstep, no matter where you live. You can also consolidate several orders from several stores to save shipping costs by up to 70%.
Don’t have a personal USaddress yet?Join for FREE